Samarkand State Medical University
About Samarkand State Medical Institute
The year 1930 saw the establishment of the State Medical Institute of Samarkand. One of the country’s non-profit public higher education institutes, the Institute is located in Samarkand. The Samarkand State Medical Institute is highly regarded for its progressive approach to teaching and education. By creating reforms and implementing changes, the Institute believes in not only bettering a candidate’s academic education but also making them more empathetic towards society and the community as a whole.
Lecture halls, classrooms, and education and clinical laboratories are equipped with the latest multimedia projectors, video recording, and audio equipment to ensure quality teaching and research. A distance education program is also implemented. International connections of the Institute include Russia, the US, Ukraine, South Korea, and others. In addition to carrying out projects under grants from the Centre for Science and Technology, the Samarkand Medical Institute engages in basic research in collaboration with the Uzbekistan Academy of Sciences. A knowledgeable and experienced staff is on hand to help students whenever they need it. MBBS aspirants who wish to learn and grow in the field of medicine will find the Institute to be among the most desirable educational destinations in recent years due to the constant improvement of the Institute.
Why Study MBBS at Samarkand State Medical Institute
- A major medical Institute in Uzbekistan, Samarkand State Medical Institute is one of the earliest and most prestigious universities in the country
- WHO and the Medical Council of India have recognized it.
- The Institute boasts a top-notch infrastructure that is technologically advanced.
- Medical students have access to multimedia lecture halls and classrooms at the Institute.
- An extensive library with internet access and computers is available for students at the Institute.
- In addition to print books and information materials, e-books also provide electronic versions.
- Education is conducted in English.
- The tuition fees are affordable and there are loan options available.
Advantages of MBBS at Samarkand State Medical Institute
- Samarkand State Medical Institute has a highly qualified and knowledgeable faculty.
- A variety of cultural and educational events are held at the Samarkand State Medical Institute.
- Several sports competitions are held at the Institute for student-athletes.
- Accommodations are provided to students in the form of hostels.
- The campus is vast, and students can take advantage of its many amenities.
- Due to the diversity of the student body, students can learn about and interact with different cultures and values.
- The Institute does not offer any scholarship programs but does offer a few scholarships toward the end of the semester to outstanding students.
- Post-Graduation students can work in hospitals located in Uzbekistan as well as in any other part of the globe.
- In accordance with international medical education standards, Samarkand State Medical Institute has the same curriculum.
Eligibility To Study MBBS In Samarkand State Medical Institute
- To earn an admission – students must complete their SSC and HSC, i.e. 10+2 from a recognized state board.
- Biology, physics, chemistry should be completed as Science subjects in the high school diploma.
- To qualify for admission, an applicant must reach the age of 17 years by December 31 of that year.
- A student must have a score of at least 50% on a recognized board of examinations for their high school diploma.
- The NEET examination must be passed by applicants.
Document Required For Samarkand State Medical Institute Admission
- Scanned copy of original passport
- Scanned copy of 10+2 mark sheets
- Scanned copy of application form
- Scanned copy of NEET report card
- Birth certificate
- Medical certificate
- Passport-size photographs
- Financial records